The International Clinical Studies Support Center (ICSSC)
What is the ICSSC?
he International Clinical Studies Support Center (ICSSC) was created by DMID/NIAID to provide a wide range of support services to clinical investigators who are conducting international research funded by DMID. The ICSSC is housed at FHI 360, an organization with over 30 years experience conducting clinical research in more than 80 countries.
ICSSC training events, consultation, and assistance are available in a variety of areas including:
- Training (classroom, webinar and online):
- Clinical research, data management, scientific writing, biostatistics, Good Clinical Practices (GCP) among others
- Study design and methodology
- Protocol development
- Statistics and data management plans
- AE reporting and monitoring
- Case report form design
- Site assessment and site preparedness
- Data management assessment and systems development
- Statistical analysis
- Manuscript Preparation
Who can request assistance?
Scientists funded by NIAID/DMID who are conducting research at foreign sites
NIAID Funding Opportunity
RO1 Research Project Grant
This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) encourages applications from organizations/institutions in eligible foreign countries that propose research related to infectious diseases that are of interest/importance to that country.
Letters of Intent due date: 30 days prior to the application due date
Open date/Earliest submission date: April 22, 2017
Application due date(s):
- May 22, 2018; May 22, 2019, by 5:00 PM local time of applicant organization. All types of non-AIDS applications allowed for this funding opportunity announcement are due on these dates.
- August 22, 2018; August 22, 2019, by 5:00 PM local time of applicant organization. All types of AIDS and AIDS-related applications allowed for this funding opportunity announcement are due on these dates.